It’s official, from April 21, 2015 the mobile-friendliness of your site will be a major factor in your search rankings. And I got it from a reliable source, Google’s webmaster blog.
Google will be making some major changes to their ranking algorithms, concerning mobile-friendliness.
And I quote:
This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in our search results.
And we already know historically that when Google acts, the other engines will follow suit.
Will Your Website Be Affected? Test It!
Go to www.asknardo.com/google-mobile-test to run Google’s own test for your web pages.
And if the test comes back negative, we at U-C WEBS are here to help you.Will This Impact YOU? Ask Nardo!
In the past, Google never gave people a heads up about upcoming algorithm changes. But now, Google is warning webmasters and businesses ahead of time about this very important update.
Google is all about delivering the best search results and the best user experience. It wants people to keep using their search engines, so they can make more money off of their advertising platforms.
And now, the users are all about mobile.
In its 2013 publication “Our Mobile Planet” Google reported some statistics that will show you why they care about mobile – and why you should too:
- Smartphone penetration has risen to 56% of the population and these smartphone owners are becoming increasingly reliant on their devices;
- 67% access the Internet every day on their smartphone;
- Most never leave home without it.
Appearing on smartphones is critical for local businesses.
- 94% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 84% take action as a result, such as making a purchase or contacting the business;
- 77% of users having researched a product or service on their device;
- 46% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone;
- Mobile ads are noticed by 89% of smartphone users;
- 56% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad.
Back in 2012 Google already reported that:
- 67% of people are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site, while
- 61% said they would immediately move onto another site if they can’t find what they are looking for right away on a mobile site;
- 50% said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly.
That’s a lot of lost customers and revenue!
And now, Google is using its enormous power to make business owners confirm with the new reality: the world has gone mobile.Please Contact Me About A Mobile Website
Some late adopters have said things like “my customers are not looking for me on their mobile phones”. They may have gotten away with that a few years ago, but your customers and prospects are doing everything on their phones these days!
- Lower search results
- Warnings that your site is not mobile-optimized
But that’s not all…
A non-mobile-friendly site will also hurt your reputation!
The 2012 Google report also showed that 48% of people claim that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel that the company simply didn’t care about their business.
So what are you waiting for?
21 April 2015: Go Mobile or Go Home!Yes, I Need A Mobile Website!